Michigan Wildlife Solutions | Warranty, Contract & Service Agreement
We stand behind our work and guarantee it with a warranty. It is our goal to solve your nuisance wildlife problem permanently. We identify the cause of the problem and fix it. Repairing the holes to prevent the return of wildlife is our number one goal. We have come up with a few tier warranty plans to help fit every customer's budget. We offer 1, 3, and 5-year warranties. If an animal gets past our repairs within the warranty period, we will repair it at no additional cost. We are not responsible for damages to your home or property caused by wildlife during the removal process. We will not be held responsible for human or animal contact such as being bitten or scratched. The warranty starts on the date of service and is transferable to new homeowners. No warranty work will be completed until the account is paid in full. Below is more detail for each wildlife control program we offer.
Warranties for Your Comprehensive Wildlife Control Program
Estimates/Inspection: Your inspection fee is due during the time of inspection. At the time of the inspection or via email you will receive an estimate for a wildlife control program we recommend. Your estimate is always good for one year from the time of the inspection. If we do not perform any work on your home to get rid of the problem wildlife, an additional service fee will be charged for a new inspection. If you have already received an inspection from another company and charged a fee, you may be covered under our “free competitive bid” program and not charged a fee for an estimate.
Bat Removal: (Covered) We guarantee all our work and back it with up to a five-year warranty. Our estimates and service contract are for removal and bat proofing your entire home or building. We seal all openings 3/8” high x 1 ½ “wide where a bat can enter your home or attic. We offer three different types of warranties. For whole home proofing with professional materials, we provide a full five-year warranty. Products we use are a ridge-guard, 30-year sealant, xclusion pro caps, and other permanent repairs to your home for bat prevention and exclusion. For alternative solutions and more cost-effective measures, we offer other products on your home such as ridge-wrap, 1/4" PVC coated hardware cloth, 20-year sealant, etc. to solve your bat problem. With this exclusion procedure, we give a three-year warranty. For those homeowners who just want the bats out and understand, bats may return if proper sealants and products are used we give a one-year warranty from the time the bat doors are installed. This method just involves using sealants and one-way bat doors around the home to exclude the pre-existing colony. You may also choose to pay an annual maintenance cost every year to have your home inspected and sealed to keep bats out with a guarantee of another year. The cost will be based on the hardness of the job. It is understood that 50% payment is due to scheduling this job. Balance must be paid within 10 days after the work is completed. If there is a re-entry of a bat into your home or attic we will return for no additional cost. One-way door removal is included at our discretion or sooner if requested by the homeowner, after a minimum of 15 days. For jobs completed over the winter, we will return in the spring upon a scheduled appointment from the homeowner. For jobs completed over the spring and summer, we may return in the fall upon a scheduled appointment from the homeowner. Will not remove one-way doors until the account is paid in full. Exclusions are considered complete upon installation of one-way doors. Note: One-way doors cannot be installed during the Maternity season of June and July. The removal of one-way doors does not in any way signify the completion of the job and should in no way constitute withholding of payment. For bat removal of log cabins and cedar shake roofs we only warranty for one year. Log cabins shift so much there is no guarantee the house will stay sealed up for five years. For a reduced yearly maintenance fee, we will return and touch up our repairs to maintain a bat-free home.
Bat Removal: (Not Covered) If all recommended repairs on your estimate/contract are not sealed by Michigan Wildlife Solutions, LLC. no warranty can be provided. Bats getting into homes through open doors or windows will not be covered. A dead bat found in the attic or house is not covered under our warranty, however, we will return for an additional service fee to remove the deceased bat. Bats hanging on the exterior of the home, roosting behind shutters, roosting under loose siding, roosting underneath eaves, or roosting in gable vents we did not screen from the outside of the home will not be covered under the warranty. Noises heard over the winter may be dealt with during the following spring season as we cannot guarantee to get rid of the bats during winter. We will return for no additional cost if scratching noises are heard during the five-year warranty period. If we determine through test traps you are not hearing bats, additional trapping fees will apply. This includes birds, mice, squirrels, raccoons, and all other wildlife. If a bat enters the home during the warranty period, we will not be held responsible for human or animal contact such as being bitten or scratched. We will not provide testing or medical advice. New roofs, weather damage, or any other damages to the outside of your house will require a new inspection, an estimate of repairs, and repairs completed to continue your bat removal warranty. Bats may not leave the roost and you may still encounter bat activity (scratching and bats in the house) for exclusions done during the hibernation period (Oct- April). We can return during this time to remove any bats in the house. If clean-up is needed, we will provide an estimate which will be an added service to your bat exclusion program. See attic restoration.
Wildlife Trapping/Relocation Program: The service agreement term is good for 30 days from the initial service call (set-up fee). During your 30 days of service, we will return and re-bait any traps, if necessary. The set-up fee is due the day traps are set. Traps set on your property may catch other wildlife other than the targeted animal. (No additional charge for removal) We set the traps, so customers can easily see the traps at a safe distance. It is the customer's responsibility to inform us immediately when any animals are captured. For nocturnal wildlife please call our office or email before 8 am. Animals may be picked up the following day if calls come in too late. The law requires us to remove any captured animals within 24 hours. If we are not notified in a timely manner we reserve the right to terminate this contract for improper treatment of animals. Traps may be removed without notice by us when we determine the problem wildlife has moved on, even if said wildlife has not been captured. Set-up fees for animal removal will not be reimbursed for animals that relocate themselves without being trapped. We may continue to trap after 30 days if we feel your nuisance wildlife matter has not been resolved. We will keep traps on your property at our discretion. For raccoon relocation, eviction fluids may be used. We are not responsible for damages to your home, lawn, or property by animals during their removal. Wildlife damage repairs are not included in your wildlife relocation price. A separate estimate will be given for wildlife proofing. No one, other than an employee of Michigan Bat Control, Inc. or Michigan Wildlife Solutions, LLC can handle the traps without consent. We have the right to void your contract if we determine our traps have been tampered with. i.e. letting captured animals go. It is important to let all neighbors know there are traps on your property. Anyone bitten or scratched by an animal should contact emergency services as soon as possible.
(Covered) Much like our bat removal program, we warranty all our repairs for bird control for up to five years depending on the warranty you opt into. If birds, make it back through our repairs we will fix the problem at no additional cost for up to five years. Installation of visual deterrents such as the intimidator and optical gels will be covered for 90 days. If they come down, we will return to reinstall them within 90 days. For physical deterrents such as bird spikes and bird netting, we will warranty for one year. If they get through our physical deterrents we will fix them.
Bird control: (Not Covered) Removing the bathroom vent or dryer vent covers will void the warranty for that service. New roofs, weather damage, or any other damages to the outside of your house will require a new inspection, an estimate of repairs, and repairs completed to continue your bird removal warranty. Removing the nest from the dryer or bathroom vents can not be guaranteed. Some vents may require duct cleaning by an HVAC company. Visual deterrents are not guaranteed but may be warranted by the manufacturer. We are the installers of this product and cannot guarantee its effectiveness.
Rodent Control (Mice and Squirrels)
Mice Control: (Covered) We do not use poisons! We provide a safer alternative solution to rid you of your mice problem. Your initial service call includes attic inspection, roof inspection, perimeter inspection of the home, installation of traps, and sealing one main entry point. During the inspection, we provide a full written report along with a complete whole home mouse proofing estimate to rid you of your mouse problem (This is recommended). Your estimate is always good for one year. After the inspection, we return in 7 to 10 days to remove any mice in traps. If we determine the mice problem has been resolved, we will remove all traps at that time. If all traps are full we will reset them and return in another 7-10 days. If you opt into our whole home mouse proofing, we will return to your home for up to 6 months and set new traps at no additional cost if the mouse problem reoccurs. If a mouse chews through our repairs, we will repair it at no additional cost for up to five years depending on the warranty you opt into.
Mice Control: (Not Covered) After 30 days we will not be responsible for new mice, but will return at a reduced service fee. Any new openings chewed through by mice are not covered but can be fixed at an additional fee. New scratching after your 30-day mice control program will not be covered without a service fee unless you opt into our whole-home mice-proofing. New roofs, weather damage, or any other damages to the outside of your house will require a new inspection, an estimate of repairs, and repairs completed to continue your mice removal warranty. Mice can return by chewing new openings at any time. Our repairs are strictly designed to control your mice problem and cut down on entries and runways. 60 percent of all homes can be completely mice-proofed, but not all homes. Annual maintenance programs are best to solve your mice problem. If clean-up is needed, we will provide an estimate which will be an added service to your mice control program. See attic restoration.
Squirrel Control: (Covered) Our squirrel control program is much like our mouse program and designed to remove the existing nest. Your initial service call includes an attic inspection, roof inspection, and perimeter inspection of the home. Our squirrel control program includes the setup of one-way doors, multi-catch traps, repeater traps, and snap traps in the attic or on the roof. For repeater traps or live traps, we require you to call with any captured squirrels. After the nest of squirrels is removed we will repair the main entry point at no added cost to you. If there are multiple potential entry points we will give you a whole home squirrel proofing quote. (This is recommended) This will also keep other wildlife out as well. Your estimate is always good for one year. If snap traps are installed in the attic we will return within 7-10 days to check the traps upon scheduled appointment. We will continue to remove any additional squirrels for up to 30 days (if necessary). If you opt into our whole home squirrel proofing, we will return to your home for up to 6 months and set new traps at no additional cost if the squirrel problem reoccurs. If a squirrel chews through our repairs, we will repair it at no additional cost for up to five years depending on the warranty you opt into
Squirrel Control: (Not Covered) New openings chewed through by squirrels are not covered but can be repaired for an additional fee. Squirrels running on roofs and/or gutters are not covered. Not responsible for damages by squirrels during the removal process. New roofs, weather damage, or any other damages to the outside of your house will require a new inspection, an estimate of repairs, and repairs completed to continue your squirrel removal warranty. New squirrel activity after your 30-day squirrel control program will not be covered without a service fee unless you opt into our whole home squirrel proofing. Quarterly or annual maintenance programs are best to solve your squirrel problem. If clean-up is needed, we will provide an estimate which will be an added service to your squirrel control program. See attic restoration.
Attic Restoration, Insulation & Insurance Work: Most damages to your insulation require insulation replacement. Some homeowners’ insurance companies may pay for this if caused by nocturnal mammals, such as bats and raccoons. Customers are responsible to pay their deductible. We require 50% of the total net payment prior to starting work. All payments whether paid by the homeowner or insurance company must be paid upon completion of work. The amount of contaminated insulation, stated in square footage on the estimate, and waste will be removed and re-insulated to the proper R-Value agreed to in your estimate. Only responsible for animal waste removal specifically stated on your estimate. ie not included in soffits or walls unless stated on your estimate. Waste containers may be on or off site and the customer is responsible for the cost.
Your service contract covers the repair or replacement of any repairs that we have made and/or products we have installed, including but not limited to To receive service under this warranty please contact our office by phone or email. A technician will be scheduled for a return visit to further assess your wildlife problem.
- Chimney caps, screens & crowns
- Roof vent guards/covers and screens
- Attic vent screens/repairs
- Fan vent screen/guards
- Gable vent screens
- Vent pipe guards
- Deck barrier/screen
- Bird Spikes
- Roof repairs
- Eave repair
- Caulking (doors & windows)
- Animal entry points
- Dryer/bathroom vent exhaust
- Chimney repair
- Bird netting
Michigan Wildlife Solutions, LLC
2416 Grange Hall Rd., Fenton, MI 48430
Toll-Free: (248) 636-4160 | info@MichiganWildlifeSolitions.com
This wildlife prevention contract, made between the customer (Homeowner), and Michigan Wildlife Solutions, LLC/Michigan Bat Control, Inc. (Company), for labor and material in connection with the wildlife prevention (Project) on the premises located at (See address attached to your estimate). Owner and Company agree as set forth below:
1. Scope of Work. The company will furnish labor, equipment, and material (the Work) as provided by the Estimate Document (hereby incorporated into this Contract) to the Project as more specifically described in the Estimate Document.
2. Owner Requirements. Owner, in addition to other duties and obligations as provided by the Contract Documents, will
a. furnish information to Company regarding the wildlife issues;
b. promptly respond to questions and issues raised by the Company regarding the Project or Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, selection of allowance items, materials, and colors required during the Project, Owner’s phone number (see estimate); and
c. provide and authorize the use of a credit card to be charged upon the completion of the Project for any remaining balance owed to the Company.
3. Contract Documents. The following documents, construed together and in a complimentary manner, form the Contract (Contract Documents):
a. the Contract;
b. the Estimate;
c. Change Work Order; and
d. any attached addenda or exhibits.
In the event of a conflict between the Contract and the Estimate, the Estimate will govern. In the event of a conflict between the Estimate and the Change Work Order, the Change Work Order will control. Work not included in the Contract Documents will not be required of the Company unless clearly inferred as necessary to produce the result. If the materials specified are not available, Company may substitute materials of similar quality and kind.
4. Company’s License. Company warrants that it is properly licensed to perform the Work called for by the Contract Documents and will remain so during the performance of the Work.
5. Time for Completion. The owner must schedule a day for the Company to begin Work, depending on the scope of the Project, the Owner may have to schedule more than one day. After the Project is complete, the Company will return to remove any prevention equipment that may have been left on the Property (this includes one-way bat doors), it is up to the Owner to schedule a day for the Company to return.
6. Contract Price. The owner will pay to Company for the Project, and subject to additions and deductions by change orders, according to the Estimate Document (Contract Price). One half is due before Work begins and the remainder is due upon completion.
7. Change Orders. Owner or Company may request that Company add to, change, or delete from the scope of Work, and the Contract Price and time for completion will be adjusted accordingly. The owner and Company must mutually agree to the change in price and time in writing. The company will not proceed with any requested change in the Work until a change is agreed on in writing. Payment for a change in the Work, including any increase in allowance items, will be paid in advance before the change work begins, or subject to Article VIII. If Owner requires Company to perform work that Company contends is outside the scope of Work required by the Contract, Company will notify the Owner in writing within 7 days of any dispute. The dispute regarding the scope of the Work will be decided by binding arbitration as provided in this Contract.
8. Applications for Payment. On the date this Contract is executed, the Owner will pay Company a deposit of half of the amount according to the Estimate Document. This amount will be applied to the Contract Price. After that, the remainder will be due upon the completion of the Project. The Project is complete when all prevention work is complete, one-way bat doors and other prevention equipment may be left on the property after the Project is complete.
A. On the occurrence of the following installations and notification by the Company to the Owner, the Owner will pay half the estimate at commencement and the remainder upon completion.
B. Owner will pay Company no later than 30 days from the receipt of a final invoice.
C. Owner will provide and authorize the Company to charge a credit card if the balance of the Contract remains unpaid after the completion of the work.
9. Inspection and Testing. The company will facilitate all inspections called for by the Contract Documents at its expense.
10. Waiver of Subrogation. Owner waives subrogation against Company on all property and consequential loss policies carried by Owner during and after completion of the Work. If the insurance policies require an endorsement to provide for continued coverage when there is a waiver of subrogation, the policy owner will cause them to be so endorsed.
11. Indemnity. The owner will indemnify and hold Company harmless from and against any and all claims, except gross negligence. This includes any health issues that may be a result of wildlife. This Article does not waive Company’s liability due to a breach of this Contract.
12. Attorney Fees. In the event of arbitration between the parties to this Contract, the arbitrator may award reasonable attorney fees to the prevailing party.
13. Termination of Contract. Either Party may terminate this Contract at any time for any reason. Termination must be in writing, signed by the party terminating the Contract. Termination of this Contract does not release the Owner from any amount due to the Company for work completed. If the Contract is terminated before prevention work begins, the Owner will be liable to Company for a $100 inspection fee. Termination after prevention work has started, the amount due will be decided by Company at Company’s sole discretion.
14. Cleanup and Storage. The company will keep the job site in a clean condition consistent with normal construction practices and will leave the residence in a broom-clean condition. The company will be permitted to store materials, tools, and equipment on-site during Work.
15. Successors and Assigns. Neither party may assign this Contract without the written consent of the other party. The provisions of this Contract are binding on Company and on the assigns and successors of the Owner.
16. Warranty. Warranty information for wildlife prevention can be found on the Company’s website at www.michiganwildlifesolutions.com.
17. Arbitration. All claims or disputes arising out of this Contract or its breach will be decided by arbitration in accordance with the construction industry arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. This Contract to arbitrate will be specifically enforceable in accordance with applicable law in any court that has jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed in writing with the other party and with the American Arbitration Association and will be made within a reasonable time after the dispute has arisen. Any claim not submitted to arbitration within one year after the event giving rise to the claim will be barred. The arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding on Owner and Company, and a judgment for enforcement will be entered by a court of competent jurisdiction. Owner and Company agree that all arbitration hearings will be held in Oakland County, Michigan.
18. No Other Agreement. This Contract and the Contract Documents incorporated in it is the entire agreement between the parties. No oral or written communication or negotiations that occurred before the execution of this Contract will be considered to be part of this agreement. This Contract may be modified only by a written document signed by both parties or by a written change order as provided in this Contract. This Contract will be governed by the laws of the state of Michigan.
19. Choice of Law. This Contract is to be governed under the laws of the state of Michigan.
20. Severability. If any provision in this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it will be ineffective only to the extent of the invalidity, without affecting or impairing the validity and enforceability of the remainder of the provision or the remaining provisions of this agreement.