Birds in Store Signs
keep Unwanted Birds Out of Your Store Signs
How do you keep birds from nesting in signs?
If you're facing problems related to birds and store signs, there could be a few different issues you might be dealing with. Here are a few common scenarios and suggestions on how to address them:
- Bird droppings on store signs: Birds can leave droppings on store signs, which can be unsightly and difficult to clean. To prevent this issue, you can consider the following steps:
- Install bird deterrents: Implement bird deterrents like spikes, netting, or visual scare devices around the store signs to discourage birds from landing.
- Regular cleaning: Develop a routine for cleaning the signs to remove any droppings promptly. This will help maintain the appearance of your store signs and prevent potential damage.
- Nests on store signs: Birds sometimes build nests on or near store signs, which can be problematic and may require removal. Here's what you can do:
- Check local regulations: Before taking any action, ensure that you are not violating any laws or regulations regarding bird nest removal. Some bird species may be protected, and disturbing their nests could be illegal.
- Professional assistance: If nests pose a significant problem, contact a local wildlife management professional or a pest control service experienced in bird management. They can assess the situation and provide appropriate solutions while ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Birds causing damage to store signs: In some cases, birds may peck at or damage store signs, which can affect their functionality and appearance. Consider the following measures:
- Physical barriers: Install bird netting or screens around the signs to prevent birds from accessing them.
- Visual deterrents: Hang reflective objects or use visual scare devices, such as predatory bird silhouettes, optical gel disks, or moving objects, near the signs. These can help deter birds from approaching and causing damage.
Remember that birds are protected by various laws in different regions, and it's important to address bird-related issues in a humane and legal manner. If you're unsure about the best approach, consult with local wildlife experts or pest control professionals who can provide guidance tailored to your specific situation.
Michigan Bird Control For Store Signs Near You
To keep birds out of a store sign, you can try the following strategies:
- Bird deterrents: Install bird deterrent devices around the store sign to discourage birds from landing and perching. Some common deterrents include:
- Spikes: Attach bird spikes or strips to the top edges of the sign. These spikes make it uncomfortable for birds to land.
- Netting: Install bird netting around the sign to create a physical barrier that prevents birds from accessing it.
- Visual scare devices: Hang reflective objects, such as CDs or shiny tape, near the sign. You can also use predator bird silhouettes or inflatable scarecrows to create the impression of danger for birds.
- Ultrasonic devices: Consider using ultrasonic devices that emit high-frequency sounds that are unpleasant to birds. These devices are often not audible to humans and can help deter birds from the area.
- Motion-activated deterrents: Install motion-activated devices that emit noise or spray water when birds come close to the sign. The sudden movement or noise can startle them and discourage them from returning.
- Regular cleaning: Birds are attracted to signs with remnants of food, insects, or nesting material. Regularly clean the area around the sign and remove any debris that might be attracting birds.
- Professional assistance: If the bird problem persists or becomes unmanageable, consider seeking help from a professional wildlife management service or pest control company. They can assess the situation and provide effective solutions tailored to your specific needs.
Remember to familiarize yourself with any local regulations or guidelines regarding bird control to ensure that your actions align with the law and are in line with ethical practices for bird management.
Common Problems With Birds in Store Signs
Contact Michigan Wildlife Solutions Today for your Commercial Bird Control and Removal From Store Signs
We service over 14 counties in Michigan for bird removal jobs. See our service area to see if we are in your area. Looking for a professional wildlife control expert specializing in the bird removal process, but not sure who to hire? Click here for information on hiring a wildlife control expert.
If you have a bird problem and you live in Michigan we service you. Common areas we serve throughout our service area are: Bay City, Dewitt, Eagle, Elsie, Fowler, Maple Rapids, Ovid, St. Johns, Westphalia, Bellevue, Charlotte, Dimondale, Eaton Rapids, Grand Ledge, Mulliken, Olivet, Potterville, Sunfield, Vermontville, Waverly, Burton, Clio, Davison, Fenton, Flint, Flushing, Goodrich, Grand Blanc, Linden, Montrose, Mount Morris, Otisville, Swartz Creek, Dansville, East Lansing, Lansing, Leslie, Mason, Okemos, Stockbridge, Webberville, Williamston, Jackson, Grass Lake, Almont, Attica, Clifford, Columbiaville, Dryden, Imlay City, Lapeer, Metamora, North Branch, Otter Lake, Argentine, Brighton, Fowlerville, Hartland, Howell, Pinckney, Whitmore Lake, Armada, Center Line, Chesterfield, Clinton, Eastpointe, Memphis, Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, New Haven, Romeo, Saint Claire Shores, Shelby, Sterling Heights, Utica, Warren, Midland, Carleton, Dundee, Estral Beach, Luna Pier, Maybee, Monroe, Petersburg, South Rockwood, Auburn Hills, Berkley, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Clarkston, Clawson, Commerce Twp., Farmington, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Franklin, Holly, Lake Orion, Madison Heights, Milford, Novi, Oak Park, Ortonville, Oxford, Pontiac, Rochester, Rochester Hills, Royal Oak, South Lyon, Southfield, Troy, Walled lake, Wixom, West Bloomfield, Wolverine Lake, Birch Run, Chesaning, Frankenmuth, Merrill, Oakley, Saginaw, St. Charles, Zilwaukee, Bancroft, Byron, Corunna, Durand, Lainsburg, Lennon, Morrice, New Lothrop, Owosso, Perry, Vernon, Akron, Caro, Cass City, Fairgrove, Gagetown, Kingston, Millingston, Reese, Unionville, Vassar, Ann Arbor, Barton Hills, Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester, Milan, Saline, Ypsilanti, Canton, Livonia, Northville, Plymouth, Wayne, Westland. For more areas we service visit our locations page.